The Everett Silvertips won in a 3-1 victory tonight against the Tri-City Americans in-game Four. The Silvertips led the scoring drive throughout the whole game in Kennewick.
While we saw a trend of the second period becoming the worst period for these two teams in this series, tonight’s second period was arguably the best for the Tips. In the first period, Everett had its only two power plays of the game, and couldn’t find any success within them. At the end of the first, Tri-City and the Tips tied it up at 9 shots on goal apiece. The game remained 0-0 into the second.
In the opening of the second period, Everett was on the penalty kill for 47 more seconds. Everett was successful in their first penalty kill of the night. At just 3:17 into the second period, Everett was firing every shot possible at TC’s goalie Patrick Dea. With all the shots fired it looked like the puck went in, but it was waved off. The goal went under review moments later, where the referee signaled no good.
At 6:56 in the second, Connor Dewar went to the box for “Interference”. The Tips killed another penalty and a minute later the score board went 1-0 Silvertips. With 10:12 left in the second, Riley Sutter(6) got it back from a broken play and slap shot it from the left side, getting it past Dea. With almost 5:00 left, Jake Christiansen was sent to the box and TC had their last power play of the night. The Tips successfully killed all three penalties. With a 2-on-1 break-away from Kindopp, Reece Vitelli(4) unloaded it on the left side, leaving it 2-0 in the second. The Tips led the second period ending 2-0, but shots on goal tied 11-11 for the second.
With the third period underway, 5:00 of play gone by, no penalties committed and no goals scored, something was bound to give. At 5:45, Tri-City player Riley Sawchuck(2) scored on a broken play from the left circle, leaving Tri-City trailing at 2-1. With quite a bit of time left, Dea was pulled for an extra man advantage. Everett fired a shot at the open net and just missed. While Tri-City still had an open net, Matt Fonteyne was in a break-away race against TC’s Jordan Topping. Fonteyne was checked in the back on the break-away and was awarded the goal. Everett now led 3-1 at 19:20 into the third.
With the Tips’ win tonight, Everett takes two road wins against Tri-City and brings it back to Everett with the Elimination game at stake. Everett leads the Conference Finals 3-1.
Things to know:
Everett’s leaders for the 2018 WHL Playoffs, (ranking top 3 or higher)
- Left Winger, Sean Richards is tied for 1st in Penalty Minutes (27)
- Center, Connor Dewar is ranked 1st in Plus/Minus (+/-) getting +20
- Center, Garett Pilon is ranked 2nd in Plus/Minus (+/-) getting +19
- Right Winger, Riley Sutter is ranked 3rd in Plus/Minus (+/-) getting +17
- Right Winger, Patrick Bajkov is tied for 2nd in Power Play Goals (5)
- Goalie, Carter Hart is ranked 1st in Goals Against Average (2.16)
- Goalie, Carter Hart is ranked 1st in Save percentage, with a (.934)
- Goalie, Carter Hart is ranked 1st in Wins (11)
- Goalie, Carter Hart is tied for 2nd in Shutouts (2)
Tri-City’s leaders for the 2018 WHL Playoffs, (ranking top 3 or higher)
- Center, Morgan Geekie is ranked 3rd in Points (26)
- Center, Morgan Geekie is ranked 1st in Goals (16)
- Center, Morgan Geekie is ranked 1st in Game Winning Goals (4)
- Center, Michael Rasmussen is ranked 2nd in Points (29)
- Center, Michael Rasmussen is ranked 3rd in Goals (14)
- Center, Michael Rasmussen is tied for 3rd in Assists (15)
- Center, Michael Rasmussen is tied for 1st in Power Play Goals (6)
- Center, Michael Rasmussen is tied for 2nd in Game Winning Goals (3)
- Defensive, Jake Bean is tied for 3rd in Assists (15)
- Goalie, Patrick Dea is ranked 3rd in Wins (8)
- Goalie, Patrick Dea is tied for 2nd in Shutouts (2)
Game 5; Saturday, April 28th. Puck drops at 7:05pm @ Angel of the Winds Arena in Everett, Wa. Listen live on the Radio via KRKO 1380am or get your tickets and fill up the arena with fellow Tips’ fans.
Lets Go Tips!
Don’t forget your bells!!
Written by: Chandler O’Neill
Edited by: Cassie Coburn & Chandler O’Neill
Image in article, DUBNETWORK
FEATURED IMAGE CREDITED TO, CHRIS MAST (4/21/18)
I don’t own any Images on this Article.